Click here to download the scrip order form
Frequently Asked Scrip Questions
- What is scrip? Scrip means “substitute money.” Scrip is regular pre-paid gift cards and paper gift certificates for a specific store, restaurant, or service that provides a discount to non-profits needing to raise funds. Scrip is a dollar-for-dollar exchange and costs supporters nothing. The school or group registered on the program receives the store discount as a profit.
- How do I pay for scrip? After submitted your order form you will receive an invoice from the Treasurer for payment.
- Does scrip expire? A gift certificate may have printing that stipulates it is good from one year from date of purchase. This is to encourage people to redeem the certificate in a timely manner. Gift cards by law do not expire or have fees assessed for non-use. Read the back of each card to know the specifics or check the balance online at the store website.
- Do I get change back from a purchase? If you use a gift card, any change remaining from a purchase stays on the card. Change may be given up to specific amounts from gift certificates. Make sure your purchase is suitable for the denomination of paper certificates you are using.
- How do I know how much money is left on my card? Most cards have a toll-free customer service number listed on the card back (or it will refer you to the merchant's website) to call to check the history usage of your card or obtain the card balance.
- Where can scrip be used? The national store (like Fred Meyer, Starbucks, Macy’s, etc.) gift cards can be used at any store location nationwide and make a great gift for out of town friends and family or for taking on trips. Some cards/certificates are specific only to the Portland metro area. Please refer to the specific store information printed on the scrip personal order form.
- What is the potential benefit for my school or organization? The potential profit from combined orders is limitless---thousands of dollars yearly! The greater participation and greater number of orders equates to more money earned! Each merchant offers its own discount, which results in profit to Metzger Community Preschool. The personal order form shows the percentage the school makes from each individual merchant.
- What if I lose my gift card? Gift cards and gift certificates are just like cash and must be safeguarded just like money.
- Can I get a refund on my scrip order? No. Gift cards cannot be returned. Some paper certificates can be returned but there will be a small restocking fee for the school/group. Order gift cards accurately to avoid errors.
- How do I get started? Check with the scrip coordinator our school or organization. They will send you the forms and information that you will need to begin, ordownload the scrip personal order form and return it to your scrip coordinator.